St John Lutheran ELCA Church
St. John Lutheran Church is a welcoming and safe place for all of God’s children to experience and reflect God’s love in Jesus Christ.
April 24, 2017 St John Lutheran Church
celebrated 125 years.
Check out our Facebook page for updates and important announcements.
A special thanks goes to Cathy McGuire, June Peterson and Neil and Dorothy Strefling. Thru their combined efforts 169 quilts were completed and boxed for Lutheran World Relief. God’s Work was done thru these very dedicated hands. See the below link to see the quilts draped over the pews.
Thanks to St. John Lutheran Church ELCS Grayling members Jon and Dianne Gregorich, Rick McBride and Mike Miller for Adopt-A-Highway road Clean-up Sept 19th. Clean up of 4 Mile Road was originally scheduled for the 13th but due to rain our day of service was moved to the 19th.
September 13, 2020
Dear Friends in Christ,
On September 20, 2020 St John Lutheran Church will re-open its doors to in-person worship service. Worship service will start at its normal time 10:30am with the same safety guidelines put in place in June for the safety of everyone entering the church. Following expert recommendations for re-opening; please review the protocols that have been put in place so we may resume in-person worship at St John’s safely:
- Mask covering nose and mouth will be required either cloth or paper
- Most importantly if you are sick stay home
- If you are in the risk group stay home we will miss you but your health is more important
- Offering plate will located behind the last pew
- Noise Offering pale will also be located behind the last pew
- No physical sharing of the peace
- Physical Distancing - we will be using every other pew, only family members can sit side by side, non-family members will be required to sit 6 feet apart
- Communion - No common cup, Individual cup, and wafers will be used; Wine tray will be placed on a stool for you to pick up Communion Assistants will stand back.
Communion protocol - ushers will not be releasing by pew, each row will only stand and enter the center isle when the person ahead of you is two (2) pews ahead. Please maintain a two-row separation. After receiving the wafer the individual cups will be on your left, please proceed to your left to return to the pew. Hand sanitizer will be located at the first pew for your use prior to receiving communion.
- Coffee fellowship and potlucks are suspended until further notice
- No gathering after service in the fellowship hall. Please do not use the fellowship hall that will minimize areas requiring disinfecting after use. The restrooms will be available for use.
These protocols have been put in place for your safety and the safety of others. As Bishop Satterlee recently stated “I don’t want to be responsible for killing someone” and your council agrees. Better to error on being overly conservative than going to a funeral.
Finally, I would like to thank Dave Osim and Pastor Reed Schroer for offering on-line service during this latest shot down and Beth Gilkerson for her technical support for getting those services on-line.
St John Church Council President
St John Lutheran Church has a new YouTube Channel where you can view current and archived Sermons.
Check us out at St John Church ELCA Grayling.
If you do not have Facebook click this link to see our announcements and Video posts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmtaT0QHsjE&t=30s September 27, 2020 with Pastor Anderson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTyxeTME8IQ&t=37s September 20, 2020 with Pastor Anderson
https://youtu.be/w7SQ8nNsmMo September 13, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNLDMOrlGc4&t=79s September 13, Lay Minister Dave Osim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLv7DUd1of0 September 6, with Pastor Reed
https://youtu.be/SrrS9CfUsqs September 6, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-JmEXsMtio August 30, with Pastor Reed
https://youtu.be/lWHju_8WnfI August 30, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOuy80vFqgg August 23, with Pastor Reed
https://youtu.be/6JXS2d6VrKw August 23, 2020
https://youtu.be/TNKWinVK4IE August 16, 2020 with Pastor Reed
https://youtu.be/47oWHyy-NsU August 16, 2020
https://youtu.be/XTEm6EyHt8M August 9, 2020
https://youtu.be/mRWELlbMcaU August 2, 2020